Designing Custom Tarps
|Posted by: Heavy Duty Tarps
One of the things that separates us from our competition is our ability to manufacture complex custom tarps. Other companies offer simple rectangular tarps in a number of fixed sizes. We are especially skilled at handling specilized tarps with advanced features. Complexity can take a number of different forms including:
- The shape of the tarp (recently we have manufactured octagonal tarps, a conical tarp and circular tarps).
- The addition of special openings or doorways (using zippers, Velcro, snaps or grommets to close).
- Combining different materials such as our exclusive solid vinyl/mesh hybrid furniture covers.
- Positioning grommets at very specific locations to aline with your specific fixtures.
- Adding rows of D-Rings to improve fastening options for large and small loads.
- Heat welding clear vinyl windows into solid tarps.
- Adding pockets/channels for roller mechanisms or to insert a bar to weigh down one edge.
- Creating fitted tarps for utility trailers or machine covers.
Many of these items can be specified and ordered directly on our website using our Advanced Tarp Ordering Function. For really complicated tarps, one of the challenges is making sure the specification for the tarp is comprehensive and accurate. Often a diagram is needed to best convey the requirements. If you have access to Microsoft PowerPoint, this is an excellent tool for creating drawings. If you have a gmail account, you can also use Google Drawings to create a drawing. Microsoft Paint can also be used for simple drawings. If you are not computer savvy you can just create a drawing by hand and scan and email this to us or fax it to us toll-free at 1-800-416-3295.
If necessary, our design team will use your drawings to create comprehensive diagrams that we can give to our production team. Here is an example of a hand drawing provided by one of our customers. Unfortunately, this drawing was not robust enough to pass onto our production team so we worked with the customer to gather further information and we produced this drawing which the customer approved for production.
In summary, we are willing and able to build a custom tarp to your exact specifications and requirements and we can work with you to develop a detailed specification that includes all of your requirements.
|Previous Post: Beware of Insurance Obligations
||Next Post: Travel Trailer Tarp is Essential